Looking for a way to utilize all of those beautiful greens you see at market each week? Try packing all of that raw, green goodness into a smoothie to jumpstart your mornings! Green smoothies have TONS of health benefits, and can include all types of greens such as spinach, kale, swiss chard and collard greens – or for the more adventurous, you could add parsley, sprouts, dandelion greens, watercress or any leafy, green veggie your palate can handle. Bananas, blueberries, strawberries, apples, avocado, and mango also make great companions but the key to keeping your smoothie’s health benefits at a maximum is to make sure your alkalizing greens are dominant (at least 60%) – luckily, that doesn’t mean a compromise on taste because your veggies should blend right into the tropical flavors of your smoothie!
Veggie-Packed Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup of dino kale (any variation of kale works)
- 1/2 zucchini chopped
- 1/3 cup of frozen cauliflower
- 1/3 cup of frozen fruit (I used mango and strawberry)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 1/3 cup water (if you like a thicker smoothie do 1/2 cup of ice instead)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ginger/tumeric paste (our recipe can be found here)
- 2 tsp chia seed
- 1/2 tbs of honey
Throw all of your ingredients in to your blender to mix & then enjoy!