If you weren’t able to make it to our veggie cooking demo this weekend at market then be sure to check out the recipe below to get all the details! These are spring veggie wraps that utilize winter greens and local products that you can find right here at the Farmers Market of the Ozarks.
- Kale from Sunshine Gardens
- Butter crunch lettuce from New Horizon Hydroponics
- Chèvre goat cheese from Terrell Creek Farm
- Radishes from Ava’s Garden
- spicy Beware Honey from Half Crocked Chef
- Southwestern cashews from KT’s Nuts
- Garlic powder
- Start your salad by finely shredding your kale and adding a splash of red wine vinegar. Enough to lightly coat the kale – this helps to break down the kale and fights against that bitter taste that fresh kale can have.
- Then drizzle with the spiced honey from Half Crocked Chef. It’s sweet and spicy so add a little bit at a time according to your taste preferences
- Next, take your radishes and slice them thinly, then toss in with the kale.
- Sprinkle a tsp of salt and sprinkle with garlic powder, set aside and let the kale soften.
- In another bowl crush your choice of nuts – we used the southwestern flavored cashews from our own KT’s Nuts. After allowing the kale mixture to sit for 10 minutes, toss in the crushed nuts and goat cheese.
- Optional: we also added in kale flowers and red buds. These can both be found at market.
Presto! You have a spring salad of winter greens! This can be served as a salad or spooned into lettuce cups for a wrap.
Recipe by: Sarah Byrd, FMO Management team & culinary extrordinaire