We are excited to be able to feature several cooking demos through out the 2018 year to help equip you to use that delicious market produce, meat, eggs etc in your weekly meal schedule! This last Saturday we demoed and sampled summer gazpacho. Here is the recipe in case you missed it!
Gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw fresh vegetables and is perfect to serve on a hot summer day. There are many variations to this soup. Get creative, go to your garden or farmers market and pick various veggies and herbs and put them in your blender and voila! Gazpacho is vegan, gluten-free, grain free, no bake/raw, nut-free, refined sugar free, soy free, low in fat, and has lots of vitamins A & C!
Easy Summer Gazpacho
- 3 cups tomatoes 1 red pepper and/or green pepper
- 1 medium cucumber peeled ¼ cup red or sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic 2 celery stalks
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil A hand full of cilantro
- 1 lime juiced ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt A dash of ground pepper
- 1 or 2 Tablespoons of apple cider or balsamic vinegar (optional)
- A little jalapeno pepper if you like it spicy!
Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse to desired consistency. Some people like their gazpacho smooth and others like it chunky. This can also be mixed in a food processor instead of a blender. Pour in a bowl and top with diced avocados. Also, good to chill for a few hours before serving if you can wait that long to eat it!
Recipe and demonstration provided by Joy Stella.
Educational Vegan Chef and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
who helps people transform their lives through food.