Summertime in a Bowl Watermelon Gazpacho
Gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw fresh vegetables and fruits and is perfect to serve on a hot summer day. There are many variations to this soup. Get creative, go to your garden or farmers market and pick various veggies, fruits and herbs and put them in your blender and voila! Gazpacho is vegan, gluten-free, grain free, no bake/raw, nut-free, refined sugar free, soy free, low in fat, and has lots of vitamins A & C!
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded & pureed in a blender ½ cup green pepper, diced small
- 1 cup watermelon, seeded and diced small 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced small 1 Tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced small 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, white and 1 inch of green diced small
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced if you like it spicy!
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir. Ladle into soup bowls and serve. Also, good to chill for a few hours before serving if you can wait that long to eat it!
Recipe and demonstration provided by Joy Stella. Educational Vegan Chef and Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who helps people transform their lives through food. (573)821-1616