With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it might seem easier to rely on big box retailers to fill your holiday needs, but this is just a friendly reminder that you CAN choose to shop local for the holiday season!
Our farmers market is open year-round on Saturdays from 8am to 1pm, and we have just about everything you need to make your holiday season a success. By choosing to shop local you stimulate the local economy, are supporting individual families, and getting to know where your food is actually coming from!
Some ways to think local this Thanksgiving:
- Source your meat from a local farmer. Many of our vendors have a wide array of meats available – from chicken to duck to turkey to beef. Stop by on a Saturday and chat with them about pre-ordering what you need. Then you can pick it up the week of the holiday and skip the big grocery store crowds!
- Skip the baking this year and snag some delicious baked goods from one of our bakers at market. This is also something you can pre-order and even order custom desserts that your family will love!
- Get your fixin’s from our producers! From potatoes to squash, our producers show up to market year round and have a great selection of seasonal produce available or you. They can even give you some of their favorite tips on how to prepare it!
- Condiments, condiments, condiments. From spices to honey to jam – we have got it ALL!
- Shop our artisans for your gifts! We have some of the most talented artisans in the Ozark region offering everything from hand-poured candles to unique linens to hand carved wood items. Their items are one of a kind and come with a story!
Shop Local, friends!